[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPless firewall?
 Date:  Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:06:35 -0500
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:57:58 -0700
PlanAlpha <plan dot alpha at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Since the network cannot be changed I'd like to put in a
> filtering bridge. Can I use m0n0wall to do this?

	You'll need three network cards.  Bridge OPT1 to WAN, and
connect your network to OPT1.  Make the LAN interface some other IP
range, and do not connect it to the same switch(es) as OPT1.  M0n0wall
will insist you enter an IP address into the WAN IP page, but afterwards
you can manually edit the config.xml file on your floppy and remove it
(leaving that entry blank, i.e. "<...></...>".  YMMV but that worked for
me when I had it set up that way.  You will not have the ability to use
m0n0wall as a DNS server or (I think) DHCP server.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - MNP:  Modem Needs Pizza.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~