[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "William Fulton" <wfulton at thirdhatch dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Firewall Rules Problem
 Date:  Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:38:27 -0700
I am fairly new to M0n0wall and have looked in the docs for this
information.  I cannot get my configuration to work on the Lan Firewall
Rules.

First, I am now upgraded to 1.2 stable.

Next, the problem.  I have clients on the network that I do not want
access to port 25 traffic through to the Internet.  I have added a
simple block rule and it does not seem to work.  I can still telnet out
on port 25.  So I figured it was the broad allow rule that was causing
the problem and I removed the Default Allow Rule in favor of several
rules specifying which protocols the LAN is allowed to pass.  Well,
after doing this I lost all ability to browse the web even though I had
an HTTP allow rule.  What is going on with this firewall configuration?

Thanks,

William Fulton

Third Hatch Inc

http://www.thirdhatch.com