[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPless firewall?
 Date:  Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:01:22 -0400
On 10/26/05, PlanAlpha <plan dot alpha at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Paul-
> That was it.
> It's working great. I wonder if this could be added to the FAQ?

I already wrote a filtered bridge example, and I do *not* advocating
setting up an IP-less firewall.  Without an IP you can't synchronize
time, cannot syslog your logs off to another host, and cannot use the
webGUI without going through a lot of trouble.

I may add this in somewhere, but I don't recommend doing it.

-Chris