[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT mysteriously stops
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:19:35 -0500
Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Are you sure the client doesn't have a compromised Windows box
> somewhere on site spewing out rubbish every few milliseconds on
> 135-139 looking for other machines to infect?
>
> There have been a few occasions where I've had firewalls stop
> accepting connections for seemingly no reason and it's been traced
> down to a client PC clogging up the state table with millions of
> entries as it looks for other victims.

Thanks for the reply.

Did not see anything like that on the state table page. The max I saw
was 75 entries. Is there a maximum number of states that the page will
display?

They could surf the web, but email was not coming in. Turned out that at
least one sender was trying to bypass the third party email filter by
delivering directly to the exchange server (not using the MX records for
the domain) they have fixed that issue. I have not heard anything else
from them.

James W. McKeand