[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] logical name against IP address
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:20:08 -0500
Adam Sosnowski wrote:
> Hi,
> I have one question regarding firewall part
> in monowall. Is it possible to set rules
> using the logical name as the source IP
> like "something.com" ?
> The monowall do not accept that.
> It says the the source ip must be specify.

I would also like this feature. I have a client that uses a third party
to scan his email for spam and viruses. I would love to limit access to
SMTP to the FQDN of the host that forwards the mail to the client's
server. The third party said they would prefer that I not set a firewall
rule based on IP address in case they needed to change the IP. Any
change in the IP would break the forward until the firewall rule was

James W. McKeand