[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  aerosmith at no dash log dot org
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Advantech 9578 does not like CF
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:45:46 +0200 (CEST)
Good day,

Sorry, I am about off topic.

I got an Advantech 9578 box and I planned to use MoNoWall on it for
firewall. Since I am already using MoNoWall on a CF card on a old Compaq
DeskPro computer, the idea was to attach this CF adapter on the Advantech
box. It is ok in terms of space but, no way to get the Advantech 9578 to
boot on the CF card (Hitachi 32M). The Advantech motherboard recognizes
the CF card ok while "browsing" the BIOS. I've tried all posibilities,
made sure the jumpers are ok, BIOS etc and it should really boot ok.

Anyone has an experience to share?

Thank you,

Aero