[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lew Maggio <lew at lsfc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPsec and firewall rules
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:52:06 -0500
I was reading the m0n0wall handbook at
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/ipsec-prerequisites.html and it states "The VPN
tunnel *will not respond to firewall rules* at the time of this writing"

I believe this is an older document, so is it supported now? Or is there
another way to achieve a firewall over IPsec? I want to connect to a client
with IPsec, and I want full access to their systems so I can support them
and make remote, off-site backups of critical files in case of fire.
However, I do not want anyone at that office to be able to connect to my
network, I want to firewall it off so that a rogue user cannot scan my
subnet, discover my machines, access my systems, or perform any other
mischievous acts.

Also, whatever happened to open VPN support in 1.2? Just curious.