[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec and firewall rules
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:05:16 -0400
On 10/27/05, Lew Maggio <lew at lsfc dot org> wrote:
> I was reading the m0n0wall handbook at
> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/ipsec-prerequisites.html and it states "The VPN
> tunnel *will not respond to firewall rules* at the time of this writing"
>
> I believe this is an older document, so is it supported now?

though it isn't complete yet, this part was mostly rewritten in the
last month.  Only outbound filtering is supported.

> However, I do not want anyone at that office to be able to connect to my
> network

you need to put in rules on that side to not allow them to get to your
network's subnet.

> Also, whatever happened to open VPN support in 1.2? Just curious.

the implementation is still buggy, and breaks optional interface
configurations.  See the list archives for full details.

-Chris