[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan K. Brayton" <bryan at sonicburst dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Anyone tried m0n0 on a 3com OfficeConnect Internet Server?
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:07:59 -0400
I searched the m0n0 lists really quickly but didn't find anything significant.  I ask if anyone has
tried m0n0 on one of these because MCM electronics has these listed for $99.95 US plus shipping.
The part number is 58-7375.  The MCM website (http://www.mcminone.com) gives $199 for the price, but
the print catalog I got today says $99.95.

The specs on the machine are
Celeron 500
10 GB HD
2 NICS, one onboard, one in a PCI slot (they appear to be 10/100, and I would guess 3com brand, but
maybe not)
32 MB RAM (which would of course would need to be upgraded)
1 available PCI slot
1 available ISA slot

The machine ships with a version of linux installed, so I'd guess it should run m0n0 pretty much out
of the box, but I thought I'd ask and pass the sales info along.

-Bryan