[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN/1 miniPCI) - no power
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:15:57 -0400
Garrett,

Where did you get your hardware from? What power supply are you using?
No green light in the front?

I have ordered WRAP boards and power supplies for a couple years now
without problem, but the last shipment of three
boards/cases/powersupplies I had issues with. It is difficult to tell
exactly what the source of the problem is. These are the 18v power
supplies.

I plug the power supply into the board.. Nothing. I unplug it and plug
it in about a dozen times, eventually it lights up and works fine. The
same goes for all three boards. Some power supplies work better with
some boards, but none 100%. Hooking these boards up to a different 12V
power supply I have around, all three fire up every time without
problems. Go  back to the 18V supplies, same issues.

I'm not sure if there is a problem with the boards, or a problem with
the power supplies, or some compatibility that exists between them.
Could be a bad batch of either. I am going to try to drum up a couple
known-good 18V supplies that have been in production for several months
without problem.

So, try to plug/unplug it a lot and see if you get a green light. Let me
know.

Regards,
Josh Simoneau