[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] captive portal and unlimited interface access
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:34:06 -0400
On 10/27/05, Tarun Kundhi <tkundhi at inebraska dot com> wrote:
> I've been playing around with captive portal recently and have experienced something that I don't
quite understand. Does captive portal only come into play when traffic goes from one interface to
another? For example LAN to WAN or LAN to DMZ or DMZ to WAN, etc... I'm able to access devices and
services on same interface without needing athenticating. Is that correct?

Yes, traffic between machines on the same interface never involves
your router or firewall (in this case m0n0wall), so it can't do
anything about that traffic.

-Chris