[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] erroneous log entries
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:48:42 -0500
From: "Jason King" <jking at informs dot com>

> I'm getting this log entry all over my logs in my m0n0wall:

> /kernel: arp: 192.168.1.200 is on sis0 but got reply from
> 00:11:43:d3:5c:2a on sis2

> I have no idea what it means and it's all over the place...there are
> different IP's, different macs, and different interfaces listed...but
> it's all over the place. Any clues?

In the future, a search will help quite a lot.  The reason I say this is
that this "exact" problem came up earlier this month.  I did a quick search
at http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/list/search.php on the key phrase "is on sis0 but
got reply from" and found it right away.

http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=193/97
http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=194/02
http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=194/04
http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=194/06