[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Garrett <glc at c dash email dot com>
 Cc:  jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN/1 miniPCI) - no power
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:00:27 -0400
This would tend to make me believe that one or both of the connectors
are either corroded or have had some sort of coating put on them to
prevent corrosion during storage, etc.  I'd recommend a good contact
cleaning.While you indicate it is now working, you may have only worn
through such a coating in a particular spot and any movement of the
contacts could cause issues.  Shouldn't do any harm even if it isn't needed.

The other option is that the connector on the board has a cold solder
joint.  I have no direct experience with these units, just general
history over the last 20+ years with various types of computer
electronics.  The wierd stuff is always the worst to find. :)