[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NIC Compatability
 Date:  Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:56:53 -0400
On 10/28/05, Josh Hyles <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I vote we put some kind of page together with current hardware that we
> have tested and know work. It would be simple and painless, I have xyz
> card and i know it works, so I submit it to the page. I'd personally
> like to know about wifi cards/adapters that work with monowall. the
> freeBSD list is archaic.

I've tried to do this for over a year, but getting people to submit
any information is far easier said than done.

I was able to put together a very specific list of wireless cards that
are supported, but that's relatively *very* easy since there aren't
many.  There are likely to be literally thousands of different
supported Ethernet NIC's, since most drivers support dozens of
different chipsets, and many, many vendors each use each chipset.
Multiply it out and it gets huge fast.

For wireless, see:
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-wireless.html

Of the "readily available cards" list, those are the ones of the long
list of supported cards that are easy to get a hold of, and that I
know someone is using with m0n0wall.

To the original poster - there is practically no info on that chipset
on Google.  Makes me think the model is a typo.  Otherwise, it sounds
like a new chipset, so my first guess would be no, it's not supported.
 It's possible it might be supported by the bge driver in m0n0wall,
but it might also be something for which support is only available in
5.x or 6.x.  Best option?  Google.  or try it and let us know.

-Chris