[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  William Arlofski <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Garrett <glc at c dash email dot com>
 Cc:  Josh Simoneau <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP.1E-2 (3 LAN/1 miniPCI) - no power
 Date:  Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:04:36 -0400
Garrett wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> I got the PS (18V - 0.83A 15W (POW-18-15), board (WRAP.1E-2) and case
> (Indoor WRAP.1E2 Case Silver) from here:
>
> http://www.wisp-router.com/product_info.php?cPath=39&products_id=269
>
> I've tried pluggin it in a few times already...I'll try some more.  I might
> have another PS....I'll to check.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Garrett

My last TWO WRAP/POW-18-15 orders from wisp came with DOA power
supplies. Grabbed a power supply from another piece of equipment and the
WRAPs worked fine.

I was told by Wisp that I was the first person to have this problem.

Oh... I put one of the bad supplies on a meter and it showed 18 VDC...
Must not be able to supply the required current to boot the WRAP. So
either way, it is bad and I am supposed to have (2) good ones on their
way to me now.

BTW, The people at WISP are great. I am not affiliated, but just a
pretyy happy customer of about 10 WRAPS now.

-
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity