[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] captive portal and unlimited interface access
 Date:  Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:26:08 -0400
On 10/28/05, Tarun Kundhi <tkundhi at inebraska dot com> wrote:
> Thanks that makes sense. Any suggestions or guidance on preventing webGUI
> access? I see it in the Advanced setting (I know they are unsupported) but I
> can't seem to get filter rules in place that allow traffic to pass through
> the interface but prevent the webGUI from displaying.

Testing my memory here, but I believe this is how it works.  The
default should be that only the LAN subnet has acess to the webGUI
that can't be restricted (other than via the "disable anti-lockout
rule").

On OPT interfaces (I'm assuming you have an OPT interface doing CP),
you just need to deny HTTP or HTTPS traffic to the destination the
LAN's IP.

>  If I can figure this out I'd be glad to attempt some
> documentation for basic captive portal setup.

That'd be much appreciated!  You can coordinate with me off list if
you end up doing this, and I'll get it into the documentation.

-Chris