[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Garrett" <glc at c dash email dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Firewall Rules
 Date:  Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:45:09 -0700
Ok, now that I've finally got my first WRAP up and running (thanks to
everyone on the mailing list who helped), next up is the firewall rules.

WRAP:
LAN0: LAN (172.31.101.0/29), 3 hosts
LAN1: wireless LAN (172.31.101.8/29), 2 hosts (1 AP + 1 PocketPC)
LAN2: WAN (PPPoE DSL)

Requirements:
wireless subnet: only want to permit access from the PocketPC on this subnet
to a particular host on the LAN subnet.  I want to deny Internet access to
this subnet all together and deny access to/from the other hosts on the LAN
subnet.

LAN subnet: permit Internet access and communication between all hosts on
this subnet (which of course is already done with the Default LAN -> any
rule) and deny access to the wireless subnet (except for the particular host
on this subnet)

Thanks in advance...

-Garrett