[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh Simoneau" <jsimoneau at lmtcs dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Next version eta?
 Date:  Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:14:55 -0400
John,

Version 1.2 was just released after being in development for a long
time. At this point I think Manuel is not sure what he wants to do next,
or what direction m0n0wall is going to go in. If you look at the latest
survey, you'll see a lot of questions are related to doing a solid
overhaul of m0n0wall, possibly moving to a new operating system.

So, bottom line, we aren't even sure what operating system the next
version of m0n0wall will be on, let alone what version, and what new
features will appear.

I presume the next version of m0n0wall will have Atheros support, but I
would not expect this to happen soon. If you need Atheros support, look
at some of the 1.2beta releases. Some of these ran a newer version of
FreeBSD that has Atheros support, which was then dumped for the older
version of FreeBSD you see in 1.2stable due to it being an overall
better OS for embedded systems.

Regards,
Josh Simoneau