[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Tarun Kundhi" <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>, "m0n0wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] captive portal and unlimited interface access
 Date:  Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:17:13 +0200
>I've been playing around with captive portal recently and have
experienced >something that I don't quite understand. Does captive
portal only come into >play when traffic goes from one interface to
another? For example LAN to >WAN or LAN to DMZ or DMZ to WAN, etc... I'm
able to access devices and >services on same interface without needing
athenticating. Is that correct?

Captive portal can only come into play when packets are actually going
through the box...

J.