[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  HenryNettles <hnettles at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: SFF Celeron 500 for $73.99 delivered
 Date:  Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:50:42 -0500
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:11:17 -0400, Paul Taylor wrote:

> Uhmm... I don't think he's a spammer...
>
> hal-pc.org: Houston Area League of PC users...  It's a user's group...

I am not a spammer, and I am not associated with the business I mentioned,
except as a customer.

Furthermore, HAL-PC.ORG has nothing to do with this, in any way, shape,
form or fashion.  HAL-PC is the Houston Area League of PC-Users, which is a
users group.  I have an email account with Hal-PC, that is why you see
"hnettles at hal dash pc dot org".  I posted the original message using the Gmane
newsgroup server, while logged onto the internet using my DSL account at
SBC.

Hal-PC is a very legitimate organization, and would pull the plug on me in
an instant were I to be using any of their facilities for spamming.

I posted this message here, becuase I have seen similar messages in this
newsgroup (mailing list).  Some of the users here are interested in
obtaining a small, quiet, inexpensive PC for use as a firewall/router.
Another poster here said he preferred Soekris or Wrap, and I agree that
with all else being equal, I would choose a Soekris or Wrap.  But all else
is not equal, the system I mention is about half the price of a Soekris or
Wrap, and while it is larger than those systems, it is about half the size
of a standard PC.

I just ordered one of these systems for myself, with the intent of
replacing a full size AMD K6/2 system running pfSense (used to be m0n0wall,
and may be m0n0wall again, time will tell).