[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Garrett" <glc at c dash email dot com>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall Rules
 Date:  Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:58:42 -0700
To clarify....

page: Firewall: Rules

OPT1 tab (1 rule)
Action: Pass
Proto: any
Source: 172.31.101.10 (IP of PocketPC)
Port: any
Dest: 172.31.101.2 (IP of PC)
Port: any

^ Permits access from the Pocket PC on OPT1 to a PC on LAN

***All other traffic is blocked***

LAN tab (2 rules, in order)
Action: Block
Proto: any
Source: not (!) 172.31.101.2 (IP of PC allowed to communicate w/PocketPC)
Port: any
Dest: OPT1 net (172.31.101.8/29)
Port: any

^ Blocks all but one host on LAN from accessing any hosts on OPT1

bottom rule (automatically created):
Proto: any
Source:  LAN net
Port: any
Dest: any
Port: any
Desc: Default LAN - > any

^ Permits any traffic which makes it passed top rule

Does that look right?