[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  googl3meister <googl3meister at gmail dot com>
 To:  Pieterjan Heyse <pieterjan dot heyse at scheppers dash wetteren dot be>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Please advice
 Date:  Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:07:40 +1000
Pieterjan Heyse wrote:
> Hello m0n0wall dudes&dudettes,
>
> I would like to have some advice on my new m0n0wall setup.
>
>                   LAN2(opt1)
>             |-------------|---CABLE WAN (wan)
> LAN1(lan)---|     M0N0    |
>             |-------------|---SDSL WAN (opt3)
>                   DMZ(opt2)
>
> I have 2 internet connections, one I will use for browsing the
> internet & general purpose, the SDSL connection will be used for
> hosting services.
>
> Is it possible configure m0n0 in such a way that LAN1&2 use the CABLE
> for default GW and the DMZ uses SDSL as a default GW ?

As you are aware, m0n0 cannot do this currently.  But you might like to
look into pfsense (some might call it m0n0's big brother), as it
supports multiple WAN connections provided one of them is static IP or
DHCP, which should/might work for you on your cable connection? (Set up
the SDSL as pppoe and you should be away).

FAQ entry to set up mult. WAN links
http://faq.pfsense.org/index.php?sid=4129&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=6&id=18&artlang=en

pfsense has a gateway option for each interface so routing should not be
an issue.

You'll note that the author of the above should be familiar to you from
this list :)

--
Rgds
gm