[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claudio Castro <ccastro at unr dot edu dot ar>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NIC autodetection problem
 Date:  Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:27:08 -0300
Hi, I just try to get m0n0wall running, so I burn a CD and prepare a
blank floppy. I order to get the m0n0 running from the CD. I boot the
machine, and in the menu I select 1, to assign the network ports, but
when I choose t autodetection it doesnt work, it doesnt detect
anything(I also try the names sis0), and I check the NIC and it has
link. The NIC is a ordinary NE2000 PCI, I been using it without any
problems...that is the only NIC I have...when I get that running..I 'll
install another .
If somebody have any clues...they are welcome..
Regards.