[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Starcraft over PPTP VPN
 Date:  Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:15:51 -0400
On 10/29/05, Brian <mono at ricerage dot org> wrote:
> D Syde wrote:
> > Lest anyone be confused: this D-side person is not me.
> >

> Sigh. Lets make sure *no one* is confused on this issue. I am this
> D-side person. Indulge me the clarification of how this unfortunate
> incident came to be:
>
> On the freenode IRC network there exists the #m0n0wall channel, formed
> by likeminded individuals to help m0n0wallers with any issues they may
> come across. This is a channel where I frequently devote my time and
> energies.

Brian is an op in #m0n0wall, the official m0n0wall IRC channel where
I'm the channel owner, and has been from basically day one.  We don't
filter any conversations in IRC, and certainly have more sense than to
post crap like that to the list.  It certainly doesn't belong here,
but in IRC we're much more relaxed and don't care what's said.  The
ass that posted this has been kicked and banned from our IRC channel,
since he obviously doesn't understand that.

I fully stand behind Brian in this unfortunate incident, caused by a
guy that previously in IRC proved to be a bigger ass than the rest of
us combined.

-Chris