[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?UTF-8?B?SXNww6Fub3ZpdHM=?= Imre <imre dot ispanovits at gmail dot com>
 To:  Dr Who <brokenby2703 at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] If you use linux before.... why m0n0 now?
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:56:29 +0100
I've used IPCOP before m0n0wall for months (or  weeks?), I don't remember
exactly now. ... and maybe my fault but couldn't make a working VPN setup.
I've done this within a half an hour in m0n0, although it was  2 years ago when
m0n0 was in beta state.

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:49:27 +0800
Dr Who <brokenby2703 at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Hi folks...
> I've used smoothwall for about one year and move to m0n0 one year ago
> because principally I move all servers from Linux to FreeBSD.
>
> Yesterday evening, while with some friends for a beer, we was talking about
> firewall...and of course the question arrived to me :
>
> "m0n0 ? why m0n0 and not IPCOP" ?
>
> Even I've tried to explain the pro of m0n0, etc... I've been not able to
> tell straight a strong valid reason, except that is based on FreeBSD
> (instead of linux), its development style, etc...
>
> Driving back home, I realized, as often happen that I should have said more
> to validate the power of M0n0, but I failed...
>
> So I would like to know from those of you who previously used
> IPCOP,SMOOTHWALL and any other linux based firewall, why you shifted to M0n0
> and why m0n0 (iyho) is better than linux.
>
> I don't want to open a flame, a war...or anthing else similar.
> I'm an happy m0n0 user, just need your valid experience.
>
> Of course if this is not going to waste your time...
> Otherwise sorry...
>
> Thank you

This is Linux Land.
In silent nights you can hear the windows machines rebooting