[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] supported wireless cards
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:13 -0600
From: "Josh Hyles" <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>

> I recently just asked this same question and I was given this link:
> http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-wireless.html

> I would check that out. Looks like you can get the DWL-520 on ebay for
> around $30 and it has a port for an antenna which is what I wanted to
> use for an external antenna like you.

Be careful.  D-link has a tendency to change things without a change in the
box.  "Some" of the 520 will work, and some will not.

> ... Also, you could add a little
> range to the unit if you fix up one of these bad boys...
> http://tinyurl.com/dw7m7

I have been using a Hawking Technologies HSB2 which is a 100, 300 and 500 mw
booster.  I works very well, and is stocked at Micro Center and Fry's.
http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=32&FamID=72&ProdID=187

                        Lee