[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] If you use linux before.... why m0n0 now? (Topic fork - Development)
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:15:42 -0600
From: "Chris Taylor" <chris at x dash bb dot org>

> The only thing that saddens me a touch is the requirement for some kind of
> BSD setup to develop for it. I run a couple of Linux servers here and have
> no real desire to switch to BSD and learn all about it etc, so I can't
> really contribute code :( I'd love to have a poke about with m0n0's
> innards but, at present, it's just not practical for me to do so.

I so agree.  I mean since most of m0n0wall is actually just text files, I
should be able to unpack and modify quite a bit from a Windows box, or any
other system.  You should only need a full system to compile binaries.
Unfortunately, I do not know enough about it to know why this hasn't been
done, or if it could be done.  Or at least, I don't know enough, YET. :-)

                        Lee