[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Claudio Castro <ccastro at unr dot edu dot ar>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  NATed services
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:29:23 -0300
I was reading that due to ipfilter is not possible to access NATed
services by the public IP address from LAN, THAT'S VERY SERIOUS!...I
mean, I'm installing m0n0 to protect my internal NATed services... now I
realize that I can`t do it..unless I use an internal DNS....
Why is that happening? what's the problem with ipfilter?
So..how are you dealing with this problem? does anybody using NATed
services??? I dont`t want to use an internal DNS server...because I
would have to change the dns server of every single host in my
LAN..(about 50).

Any recomendations?..should I use public ip in my servers instead?..I
dont know....I'll wait for your replys....
I dont know you..but I think this is a pretty serious problem...What do
you think?

Thanks!

Claudio C.