[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: If you use linux before.... why m0n0 now? (Topic fork - Development)
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:42:51 +0000
Hi,

Bryan: I didn't know that, thanks :)

Ugo: If you (or another of the major developers) would be willing to
pre-roll a "m0n0 Development Environment", I'd certainly look into using
it. I currently mostly use WinXP on the desktop but I have Linux
machines too. At present, the barrier to me (and, I suspect, quite a few
others) is simply that we can't roll our own images, so being able to
get hold of and fiddle with the source is largely useless.

Some kind of simple guide on the m0n0 site on how we'd go about
producing m0n0wall images etc would be great. I've never used VMWare but
I'm definitely agreeable to giving it a go. If someone would be kind
enough to put together the necessary documentation/pre-rolled VMWare
dev. environment, I'm sure m0n0 would see many more contributions from
people like myself, who simply aren't BSD experts.

Regarding the survey, it was noted that a lot of people were willing to
contribute code but hadn't yet done so. For my own part, I fall into
that group because I know PHP and would like to be able to help there,
but the BSD issue is a big barrier to my involvement.

Chris Taylor