[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at Market dash Analyst dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NIC Compatability
 Date:  Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:41:00 +1000
Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply. I found some info about that Broadcom NIC on this
web page.

http://www.broadcom.com/products/Enterprise-Small-Office/Gigabit-Ethernet-Controllers/BCM5721

May be you could gleam some info from that page. The reason I ask about
that NIC is because DELL use that sort of chipset on their PowerEdge 850
Rack mount servers (It's an on board NIC) and this was the box I was
going to install MonoWall on. I'm also looking a using PFSense when it
is available, and I think it is compatible with this chipset. Anyway I
trying to see if my DELL accounts manager can some how supply me with a
MB with an Intel based on board NIC.

Thanks for your help

Mark