[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Stefan <stefan underscore rath at web dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] If you use linux before.... why m0n0 now?
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:57:56 -0500
Stefan wrote:

>Am Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2005 16:49 schrieb Dr Who:
>

>>Hi folks...
>>
>>"m0n0 ? why m0n0 and not IPCOP" ?
>>

>My reason for leaving IPCOP was, that IPCOP seems to call home every time you
>call your routers main admin page. I don't know the aktual version, but I
>don't like this undokumentated features.
>
>Stefan
>
>PS.: not flamewar, please

You're right in that the main page contains an image for the
sourceforge.net logo which is fetched from their server.  Nothing is
reported, but it does give them an idea how many IPCop machines are
running.  It's easy to change however since the logo is also delivered
locally and a simple change to one html page eliminates the external
reference if it bothers you.