[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall RADIUS2 image
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:45:11 +0100
>You said in this email "Next item that will be implemented: RADIUS
>Session-Timeout..."  is this what we spoke about awhile back? where the
>radius DB will have session timeout filled n and the monowall will
receive
>this when the authentication happens and cut the session at that time
>instead of the one minute cron then reauthenticates now?

Yes that's exactly what its going to be and will give a performance
boost and a lower radius server load.

Default it will not be enabled, so you have to enable this in the
Captive Portal GUI.
1minute reauthentication will NOT be removed since it gives automatic
disconnect when volume limit has been exceeded (or account expires while
logged-on)

>If you need a beta tester let me know.  Is something I have been
waiting
>for for some time.

Can you already test the latest image? It needs to be stable before I
start programming the RADIUS Session-Timeout

It already runs on 2 boxes in my own lab but the slowest pc is already a
P4 3,4Ghz with 1GB ram and most of the people don't have this ;) But
IMHO it already seems to be stable (max uptime in production 7days
before I rebooted it to put a newer release on it)

J.