[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: If you use linux before.... why m0n0 now? (Topic fork - Development)
 Date:  Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:31:34 -0500
On 10/30/05, Chris Taylor <chris at x dash bb dot org> wrote:

> Ugo: If you (or another of the major developers) would be willing to
> pre-roll a "m0n0 Development Environment", I'd certainly look into using
> it. I currently mostly use WinXP on the desktop but I have Linux
> machines too. At present, the barrier to me (and, I suspect, quite a few
> others) is simply that we can't roll our own images, so being able to
> get hold of and fiddle with the source is largely useless.

I posted this to the -dev list too, but I'll post it here as well for
those not on that list.  Once we decide on an OS for 1.3, I'll be
putting together a virtual machine for those interested in
development.  VMware's free player (and a little spare RAM on your
machine) is all that would be required, and it's available for Windows
and Linux.

-Chris