[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dr Who <brokenby2703 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  If you use linux before.... why m0n0 now?
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:49:27 +0800
Hi folks...
I've used smoothwall for about one year and move to m0n0 one year ago
because principally I move all servers from Linux to FreeBSD.

Yesterday evening, while with some friends for a beer, we was talking about
firewall...and of course the question arrived to me :

"m0n0 ? why m0n0 and not IPCOP" ?

Even I've tried to explain the pro of m0n0, etc... I've been not able to
tell straight a strong valid reason, except that is based on FreeBSD
(instead of linux), its development style, etc...

Driving back home, I realized, as often happen that I should have said more
to validate the power of M0n0, but I failed...

So I would like to know from those of you who previously used
IPCOP,SMOOTHWALL and any other linux based firewall, why you shifted to M0n0
and why m0n0 (iyho) is better than linux.

I don't want to open a flame, a war...or anthing else similar.
I'm an happy m0n0 user, just need your valid experience.

Of course if this is not going to waste your time...
Otherwise sorry...

Thank you