[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kjell N" <k underscore netsec at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  k underscore netsec at hotmail dot com
 Subject:  Mini_httpd still unstable in ver.1.2 ?
 Date:  Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:17:44 +0100
Hi

We are having troubles with four different M0n0walls that we use as captive
portals.

PROBLEM: Users complain over not getting the loginpage. (The browser get's
redirected, but the page cannot be found.)
The quick solution is to reboot the box, but all four boxes have the same
problem once a week, or worst case, 3 times one day.

Today I had to reboot the one running ver. 1.2 again.
I compared the processlist (ps -A) before and after reboot and found a diff.
  One process is missing before reboot, that is running on a newly rebooted
system:
136  ??  Is     0:00.01 /usr/local/sbin/mini_httpd -S -a -M 0 -E
/var/etc/cer

Is there still a problem with mini_httpd?
Any solution, please?

SYSTEM SPEC:  One is running ver. 1.2 and the other three 1.2b9 and 1.2b10.
We use CD-"installation" and the HW is PIII >600Mhz, >128Mb RAM. Mostly 3Com
3c905-cards.

Apart from thes 'scary faults' M0n0wall is terrific, even if we only use a
small part of it.

Regards,
/Kjell

Nyhet! Hotmail direkt i din Mobil! http://mobile.msn.com/