[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter <Peter at iwebsl dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] If you use linux before.... why m0n0 now?
 Date:  Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:01:34 -0500
<my 2 cents>I switched from Smoothwall to m0n0 because m0n0 is heavy duty but very light weight. The
operating system that it runs on makes no difference to me. I was tired of all the useless logging
(and rules that did not make sense) plus having to use a PC to run the firewall. M0n0 quietly sits
in my rack and works, it uses little power even though I use a dual processor MB. Its also very easy
to maintain and update. The chances of ever seeing a requested feature showing up in Smoothwall is
0, the only feature I'd currently like to see in m0n0 is multiple WAN support and I don't mean for
load balancing or failover.
</my 2 cents>

Peter