[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mace at solace dot mh dot se
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP on OPT1
 Date:  Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:09:59 +0100 (CET)
Has anyone got DHCP to work on opt1?

I searched the archives and found a few simmilar problems but nu soloution.

I want to have a wan port (vr0), and two Lans:
Lan using the vr1 interface, assigned to 172.16.1.1/24
opt1 named Wireless using ste1 interface,assigned to 172.16.2.1/24

opt1 is going to be connected to a wirelss ap in the future (then i get it
back after repairs). Currently it's just another lan interface

I have set firewall rules on lan and opt1 allowing anything going
anywhere. With a staic ip in the 172.16.2.X range it works nicly but then
i try to use DHCP it wan't work. The Client sends out the DHCP DISCOVERY
but the firewall wan't anwser it. The DHCP config is identical (Exept
ranges of course) on LAN and OPT1. On lan it works with DHCP

I do get "dhcpd: 5 bad IP checksums seen in 5 packets" in the DHCP log but
this must be something caused in the firewall since DHCP DISCOVERY is a
rather fixed package, just to be sure I used the same laptop to test on
both LAN and OPT1.

Anyone got a clue to this?