[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Shaun Mcbride <shaunmcbride at charter dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2 stop responding.
 Date:  Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:03:09 -0600
I have noticed the same affect on several versions of m0n0wall.  PC is a
Hewlett Packard 500mhz with 128mb ram.  I have 4 computers on the lan,
no dmz and 3rd nick is disabled.  Running dns forwarder dhcp server and
just started up the pptp server.  Other then that the only changes I
have made are for the forwarding of ports for the http server and vnc
stuff.  I did set the hard drive to go to standby after about 10
minutes.  The 3com is the WAN and a realtek for the LAN.  Forgive me I
don't know the modem numbers on the cards.  But it does seem to "freeze"
when heavy p2p is going, mainly bittorrent. Seems to happen almost 30
days in my experience.
Is there something more I can provide that could better help diagnois
this problem?  Still pretty new at Linux/Unix systems.

Thanks,

 Shaun.

Control Alt Del wrote:

>    Hi, I use m0n0wall in a pc 133mhz with 64 mb of ram and two 3com 905c, after 15 or 20 days of
uptime, the box stop responding. No acess to the internet, the lan network of m0n0wall don't reply
to ping's and no acess to the webGui.
>I use the folowing services:
>dns forwarder, traffic shaper, dhcp server and pptp server. I have only to computer on the lan.
This problem don't apear with the last beta, but after upgrading to the 1.2 I start to use te pptp
server.