[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP on OPT1
 Date:  Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:26:29 -0500
On 11/1/05, mace at solace dot mh dot se <mace at solace dot mh dot se> wrote:
> Has anyone got DHCP to work on opt1?

many times.

> I do get "dhcpd: 5 bad IP checksums seen in 5 packets" in the DHCP log

there's your problem.

> but
> this must be something caused in the firewall since DHCP DISCOVERY is a
> rather fixed package, just to be sure I used the same laptop to test on
> both LAN and OPT1.

that error message is in packet.c.  the comment by it is:
  /* Check the IP header checksum - it should be zero. */

I'm far from the best person in the world at reading C code, but that
section appears to be a validation routine on incoming DHCP packets.
It's preceeded by sections with comments:
  /* Is it a UDP packet? */
  /* Is it to the port we're serving? */

which is what makes me think that.

seems odd, as this log message is virtually non-existant on Google
even using wildcards in place of the numbers, other than finding
packet.c source code.

I'd suggest trying another machine on the OPT interface to see what
that does, and switching your assignments for LAN and OPT to see if
that makes any difference (i.e. does the problem follow the ste
interface or not).

-Chris