[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP broken after upgrade from 1.11 to 1.2
 Date:  Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:44:32 -0500
On 10/31/05, Robert Goodyear <me at jrob dot net> wrote:

> Correct, I have 242 through 254 on the WAN,

and the PPTP client is connecting to .242 I presume?

> The remote client is connecting via Cable modem through a linksys
> router, as it was prior to the firmware upgrade.

both of which should be 1500 MTU, which is what I was getting at.  The
one other case with this problem where I have a decent amount of info
on the setup, the MTU on m0n0wall's side is 1492 (PPPoE), and any
clients coming from PPPoE connections don't work.  Clients coming from
1500 MTU connections to the same m0n0wall work fine.  So...
unfortunately these two cases have absolutely nothing in common,
setup-wise, it seems.

-Chris