[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mono at wiredplace dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Monowall in the UK with multiple IP's - Which Modem?
 Date:  Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:15:51 +0000 (GMT)
Short Version:

Which ADSL Modem should I get to use multiple IP addresses with monowall
in the UK?

Long Version:

I am currently looking to set up monowall with my ADSL connection, I've
been reading through the archive trying to decide which ADSL modem to buy.

I'm slightly confused by the need for a bridge or half bridge modem and
whether any are suitable.

The X-Modem CE seems to get recommended a lot, but it's not currently
available and from the archive it appears that there is some question as
to whether it will work with multiple IP's. I'm assuming it's half bridge
only?

The X-Modem isn't actually available at the moment either, although the
original X-Modem is as a refurb.

The other problem seems to be that not all exchanges in the UK support a
modem running in bridge mode? Is this still true?

Thanks for your help

Steve