[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cook" <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  <mono at wiredplace dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Monowall in the UK with multiple IP's - Which Modem?
 Date:  Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:18:08 -0000
Steve,

We have got UK ADSL with multiple IPs to play nicely with m0n0wall with
many of our customers. A few clarification questions:

How are your IPs allocated, do you have a single address allocated to
the router/modem and then an additional block?

Who is your ISP?

Regards

David Cook

Modem?

> Short Version:
>
> Which ADSL Modem should I get to use multiple IP addresses with
monowall
> in the UK?
>
> Long Version:
>
> I am currently looking to set up monowall with my ADSL connection,
I've
> been reading through the archive trying to decide which ADSL modem to
buy.

> I'm slightly confused by the need for a bridge or half bridge modem
and
> whether any are suitable.
>
> The X-Modem CE seems to get recommended a lot, but it's not currently
> available and from the archive it appears that there is some question
as
> to whether it will work with multiple IP's. I'm assuming it's half
bridge
> only?
>
> The X-Modem isn't actually available at the moment either, although
the
> original X-Modem is as a refurb.
>
> The other problem seems to be that not all exchanges in the UK support
> modem running in bridge mode? Is this still true?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Steve

JP Computer Services
JET PRESS Limited
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HWUK

Web:   www.jpcompserv.co.uk
Tel:   0845 083 3070
Fax:   0845 083 3071

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential. The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JP Computer Services.