[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tarun Kundhi" <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>
 To:  <j dot bohman at comcast dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall prob
 Date:  Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:16:09 -0600
Rules are processed top down so several of the rules in your config are
currently being ignored. Example LAN rules 2 & 3.
Rules are processed on incoming side of the interface. So some of your rules
are redundant. Example Wireless 2 & 3. I don't understand why Rule like you
Wireless 1 & 4 don't work but I've expreienced the same thing.

Do you really want to open your wireless interface wide open to the entire
web? If not then try this. It should allow you out to the WAN and also to
the LAN.

WAN
block | * | * | * | * | * | block all outside access

LAN
pass | * | * | * | * | * | Default LAN -> any

Wireless
pass | * | * | * | * | * | Default OPT1-> any

t.