[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, erikerik at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] m0n0 replacing a Cisco Catalyst 2650?
 Date:  Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:21:33 -0500
> At this point, we'd only be using four interfaces (WAN, LAN, DMZ, and wireless).

Wireless...not to forget, the current stable m0n0wall does not have
wireless support. You will need to consder 1.2b7, unless you use an
AP.

Also, while I have no personal experience with Soekris, but from
reading threads you might want to consider getting no less than 128MB
RAM...thinking about future versions of m0n0wall.

I am using a Dell GX 150 small tower P3 / 933 mhz, 256 Ram with 128m
CF. It is rock solid and quiet. Got the PC off eaby for $150 with
shipping.

- Don