[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeff Lorenzini" <jlorenzini at stratacare dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Help configuring m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:19:30 -0800
Hi,

I have what I hope is a common configuration, and I'm hoping somebody
can tell me how to configure m0n0wall to support it.

I have 16 static IP's from my ISP, and I'm using three of them:

2 servers with their own static IPs
1 static for DHCP clients to access the internet

I have set things up to support this with the firewall rules for the
servers, that part was easy. But the NAT configuration has me confused.
I'm not sure where I should add entries for the servers and for the DHCP
clients. I have been playing with the settings and have gotten the DHCP
clients to access the internet, but the servers cannot. This is just
bringing up google on a browser, not so much dealing with opening ports
in the firewall yet.

So, should I use the 1:1 or some other NAT type for the servers?

Can anybody give me a clue as to how something like this should be set
up?

Thanks,

_/eff lorenzini
a certified industry figure since 1996