[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Goodyear <me at jrob dot net>
 To:  "Claudio C." <e1 underscore ch4c4l at msn dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: cuestions...about mono
 Date:  Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:01:33 -0800
On Nov 3, 2005, at 5:52 PM, Claudio C. wrote:

> Rober, thanks for your reply....and now..a couple of cuestions:

Certainly. Be sure to reply to the m0n0 list so that other people can
learn from your questions also.

> first, "Remember, you've got to build an Inbound NAT rule with the
> specific WAN IP in question which then points to each Server NAT
> before that type of mapping is complete.

With 1:1 NAT, you first create the mapping in the 1:1 NAT tab, then
you must create a firewall rule that allows it to pass to the LAN
address.

For Server NAT, you first create the mapping in the Server NAT tab,
then you must create both an INBOUND NAT rule and a FIREWALL rule to
permit routing to the LAN address.

> " in step two......is confuse..are you using 1:1 nat or inbound nat?
> second: the firewalls rules...what firewalls rules do you set up
> for your mail server in order to this to have acces from and to the
> internet? the destination in the firewall is the public ip of the
> server or the private one?

Destination is always the LAN address. Rules are whatever ports you
wish to open, such as 25, 110, 143, etc. depending on what mail
server services you are allowing.