[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 replacing a Cisco Catalyst 2650?
 Date:  Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:19:38 -0600
On 11/3/05, Daniele Guazzoni <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch> wrote:
> Erik in your case  it's not a matter of speed (the soekris board with
> m0n0wall will handle 10 Mbps easily) but a matter of feature.
>
> M0n0wall is not Cisco as Cisco is not m0n0wall.
>
> What I mean is:
> - if you are just routing and do some NAT, m0n0wall is your box
> - if you use any router (or Cisco) features like dynamic routing, Cisco
> is your box

Thanks for the reply.  Yes - as I stated in my initial email, all the
router is doing is NAT, a bit of routing (static) and a few port
forwards.  Nothing dynamic, fortunately.

I think I'll be trying to pick up a soekris board here in the next few
days to start some testing.

Thanks, everyone, for all the help.
-Erik