[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS Forwarding to PPTP Clients
 Date:  Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:38:55 -0500
On 11/4/05, Mark Wass <mark dot wass at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Using Mono 1.2 and have found this issue.
>
> If I add entries to the DNS Forwarder in Mono, should PPTP clients be
> able to ping these DNS entries and get a result?
>
> I have found that when I log into my Mono box via a PPTP VPN connection
> and try a ping a DNS name that I have placed in the DNS forwarder it
> does not work.

yeah, it has to do with the binding order of Windows DNS servers.
It's never aggrevated me enough to figure it out.  It's an issue with
the Windows PPTP client though, nothing to do with m0n0wall.  So you
might have more luck in a Windows forum (if you find an answer, let me
know).

see also: http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=180/59

-Chris