[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Robert Goodyear <me at jrob dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP broken after upgrade from 1.11 to 1.2
 Date:  Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:40:36 -0800
On Nov 1, 2005, at 4:44 PM, Chris Buechler wrote:
> On 10/31/05, Robert Goodyear <me at jrob dot net> wrote:
>> Correct, I have 242 through 254 on the WAN,
> and the PPTP client is connecting to .242 I presume?

Correct, connecting to .242. Tried from OS X and Win XP. Verified MTU
is (auto) set to 1500 on my Linksys WRT54GS running Talisman firmware
1.0.5, although NO variables have changed in either the client or LAN
environments during the FW upgrade to 1.2

>> The remote client is connecting via Cable modem through a linksys
>> router, as it was prior to the firmware upgrade.
> both of which should be 1500 MTU, which is what I was getting at.  The
> one other case with this problem where I have a decent amount of info
> on the setup, the MTU on m0n0wall's side is 1492 (PPPoE), and any
> clients coming from PPPoE connections don't work.  Clients coming from
> 1500 MTU connections to the same m0n0wall work fine.  So...
> unfortunately these two cases have absolutely nothing in common,
> setup-wise, it seems.

I think I'll roll back the FW to 1.11 to verify this. In the meantime
is there any other data that would help debugging this? It seems like
there's a small handful of people out there who've suffered the same
bug on upgrade.

-Rob.