[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2 stop responding.
 Date:  Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:40:22 -0600
From: "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>

> I've tried 3COM, Intel, DLink and realtek NICs. I've tried AMD and Intel
> CPUs. Ive tried with and without harddisk (I'm running the bootable CD
> version 1.2). I've I've disabled serial ports, PNP-OS, used old junkyard
> machines and brand new dell servers.  .. you name it - i've tried it. The
> box still locks up once in a while. In my case the frequency of lockups is
> about 1 week now.

> There' s no P2P traffic. But i have noticed, that when the device locks
> up, usually theres one or more terminalservices sessions running/timing
> out.

Please tell me you also tried some different memory? :-)  I have been
running 128 meg minimum for a while, but I have just decided to bump my
standard config to a 256 meg minimum.  Too many things like memory.  That
said, I have 7 systems in production at remote sites, and no lockups yet.
<knock on wood>  Also, for the systems with "odd" stability issues, try the
boot disk at http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/ and run all the ram tests.  Bad
memory is the most common hardware problem I find.  (In all systems, not
m0n0)

                        Lee